DIY Makeup Removal Pads
We all are guilty! Let's admit it. We fall asleep in our makeup at least once or twice. Sometimes we are just exhausted, BUT we can't make it a habit.
When we fall asleep in our makeup our pores are blocked from the products. Our pores will not be able to breath. During the night our skin cells rejuvenates. If we make falling asleep with makeup on a habit; we put ourselves at risks for breakouts, irritation, clogged pores, and other skin issues.
There are a lot of makeup removal products on the market. Those products can become pricey. If you are like me, you don't realize you ran out of makeup removal until the last wipe!
Did you know you can make your own makeup removal pads, save on money, and keep them on your night stand. I'm in love with Coconut Oil, so that will be apart of my removal. You can always substitute with your favorite oil.
What you will need:
- 1 quart wide mouth jar
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 squirts of Dr. Bonner's Pure Unscented Castile Soap
- 2 cups of purified water
- 2 packages of cotton pads
- Optional: Rose Oil
- Microwaveable bowl
- Mix the coconut oil, castile soap, and 2 cups of purified water.
- Microwave for about 10-15 seconds until everything is melted and blended. Use a spoon to mix everything.
- Put the cotton pads in the mason jar.
- Pour the mixture over your pads. Press down to help soak of the liquid. If you need more pads add more.
- Place your lid on top, so your pads do not dry out.